Welcome to the Moments by Missy Photography blog! Here you'll be able see favorites from recent sessions, learn whats new at the studio and get to know us on a more personal level. Feel free to leave some LOVE (comments)...we love love!Please feel free to shoot us an e-mail if you have any questions! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, December 3

OpLove











For those of you who don't know, I am partnered with a non-profit organization called Operation Love Reunited (OpLove http://www.oplove.org/) where photographers volunteer their time and service to photograph military members and/or their families either before, during or after a deployment.
I was contacted to photograph Major Hughes and her two beautiful daughters before she deployed for a 10 mo. tour to Iraq on Thanksgiving Day. Here are a few of the pictures from the photoshoot.
Thank you for your service, Dana and thank you for allowing me to photograph your precious family. I can only hope that these pictures will help keep the memories of your family a little bit closer while you're so far away!

1 comment:

army mom 325 said...

WOW!! What a wonderful idea. Our Son is scheduled to return home for R&R sometime this month. He has been in Afghanistan for the past 9 months and will return for 6 more months after R&R. It wasn't until after he left that I realized that only a handful of pictures were taken on the day he left and of those only one of he and I. I am planning on picking him up at the airport and returning him to our home where my future daughter-in-law will be waiting on me to "make plans for his return the next day". I am excited about her surprise, and worried taht I won't be able to capture this all on film. If you have any ideas, please feel free to pass them on. micheleobrien@bellsouth.net

Thanks a million for your services, I wish I would have thought about hiring a photographer when we found out he was deploying. Those days are now part of history that was not documented. May God bless you for your unselfish act of kindness